Introduction to Linguistics, Language and Culture, English Syntax, English Phonetics
1. Liu, Hsiuying, Chengchung Kuo & Yunhsuan Chou. 2019. Teaching English Polysemy through Semantic Fields，Parole: Journal of Linguistics and Education.
2. Nirmala, Deli & Hsiuying Liu. 2019.“Learning as a Path to Reach an Ideal”: Indonesian and Taiwanese Perceptions about Learning through their Proverbs. Proceedings of International Conference on Southeast Asian Maritime World
3. Liu, Hsiuying & Zhengtung Hsieh. 2018. Shen in Modern Chinese，Studies in Chinese Linguistics.
4. Liu, Hsiuying. 2014. How Do People Process Ambiguous Strings. Studies in Literature and Language 8: Vol. 1, 48-56.
5. Liu, Hsiuying. 2013. Collocation and Semantic Change－Derivation of Excessive X-SI，Taiwan Journal of Linguistics.
6. Liu, Hsiuying. 2011. Excessive Extent in Cognition—A Contrastive Study on Mandarin and English. Journal of Language Teaching and Research 2: Vol.5, 1015-1022.
7. Liu, Hsiuying & Cheng-chung Kuo. 2010. Learning Languages Through Cognition－Death and Excess Extent. Cross-cultural Communication 6: vol. 3, 97-102.
8. Liu, Hsiuying & Chinfa Lien. 2006.10 A Preliminary Study on Exclamatory Sentences in Southern Min. Zhongguo Yuxue, Vol. 253, 92-116.
9. Liu, Hsiuying. 2007. Purification of Taboo— on Grammaticalization of SI and its Function as an Excessive Complemen. Chinese Linguistics in Europe – Chinese Linguistics in Budapest: 33-50.
10. Liu, Hsiuying & Lien, Chinfa. 2004. Polysemy and Conceptual Structure of Zhao in Southern Min: What Makes Meaning Extension. Yuyanxue Luncong: Vol. 29, 334-371.
1. Jiang, Pei-Ling & Hsiu-Ying, Liu. 2019. Construction Generalization and Meaning Extension of ─Ni jintian chuanpu le mei. The 14th ELT and Business Communication in the Changing World: Challenges, Opportunities, and Directions (CEBC 2019).
2. Liu, Hsiuying. 2017. Shen in Modern Chinese - International Conference on Migration, Cultural Identity. Language and Communication 2017.
3. Liu, Hsiuying & Shuchuan Chen. 2017. Taiwan Son-in-laws and the Mother Tongue Learning of their Second Generation- mainly on South Asians. International Conference on Migration, Cultural Identity, Language and Communication 2017.
4. Liu, Hsiuying & Shuchuan Chen. 2014. The Application of Linguistic Theories in ESP Vocabulary Teaching. 2014 Cross-Strait International Conference on English for Specific Purposes (ESP).
5. Liu, Hsiuying & Lichuan Wang. 2014. How does the Order of Picture and Language Influence Imagination
6. Tseng, David S. D., Violet H.-Y. Liu, L.-J. Wang. 2007. (Factual and Counter-Factual Awareness as Reflected in Chinese-English Translation)，2007 (The Proceedings of 2007 International Conference on Applied Linguistics and Foreign Language Instruction), 頁577-589
7. Liu, Hsiuying. 2007. The Excessive Structural Article in Mandarin－Study of dao（到）, paper presented in PACLIC21, Souel University, Korea.
8. Liu, Hsiuying. 2007. Where Mentality and Psychology meet – Heart metaphors in Chinese Culture, paper presented in ICLC 10, Kracow, Poland.
9. Tseng, David S. D., L.-J. Wang, Violet H.-Y. Liu. 2007. Goofing in Subjunctive Mood: A Preliminary Study of College Seniors’ Errors in English Compositions. The Proceedings of 2007 International Conference and Workshop on TEFL & Applied Linguistics , 644-653.
10. Liu, Hsiuying. 2006. A Preliminary Study on Exclamatory Sentences in Southern Min. The Sixth International Symposium on Taiwanese Languages and Teaching, Taipei.
11. Liu, Hsiuying. 2006. Purification of Taboo— on Grammaticalization of SI and its Function as an Excessive Complement. EACL-4, Budapest, January 20-22.
12. Liu, Hsiuying. 2005. Property Selection in Metaphor Processing. 11th International Conference on Processing Chinese and Other East Asian Languages. Hongkong.
13. Liu, Hsiuying. 2005. Mandarin Compound and Garden Path Effect. 11th International Conference on Processing Chinese and Other East Asian Languages. Hongkong.
14. Liu, Hsiuying. 2005. Parsing Mandarin Compounds－ A Sentence Game in the Young Generation. IMCSE'05, Las Vegas Nevada, USA, June 27-30, 2005.
15. Liu, Hsiuying. 2004. Southern Min Idioms and the Economic System during Agricultural Era in Taiwan. The Fifth International Symposium on Taiwanese Languages and Teaching, Taichung.
16. Liu, Hsiuying. 2002. Idiot Sentence Making and Compound Reanalysis. Proceedings of 2002 National Conference on Linguistics, Taiwan.
1. Hsiu-Ying LIU. 1997. Body-Part Metaphors and Cultural Differences: Chinese vs. English. Thesis. Taiwan: National Tsing-Hua University.
2. Hsiu-Ying LIU. 2001.
Body and Metaphor: The Primary Interface between Language and Cognition. Crane Publishing Co.,Ltd.
3. Hsiu-Ying LIU. 2008. A Study of the Excessive Construction in Modern Taiwan Mandarin. Ph.D. Dissertation. Taiwan: National Tsing-Hua University.
4. Hsiu-Ying LIU 2016. Extreme: Similarities and Derivations of Extentt Words. Crane Publishing Co.,Ltd.
Liu, Hsiuying. (2006). Construction Grammar and Extremeness -- A Comparative Study on Southern Dialects. (NSC Project. NSC95-2411-H-468-001-)。